About Contemporary Romance Writers
Why a Contemporary Romance RWA chapter? As writers of this massive romance sub-genre, we feel it’s important for us to have an official presence and voice in the industry. We want to provide a place where all contemporary romantic fiction writers: Contemporary Romance, Suspense, New Adult, Young Adult, Chick Lit, Romantic Comedy, Women’s Fiction, and more, can not only be heard, but understood. Supported. Encouraged. Educated. Read about our chapter’s Chick Lit roots.
Our chapter is dedicated to keeping up with industry trends and helping all of our writers navigate the path to publication whether traditional or self-published.
The Contemporary Romance Writers group is a place where you can mingle with other authors who understand you, your voice, and this popular romance sub-genre.
Unlike other RWA chapters, we’re not about location. You’ll be networking with people from every walk of life, all over the world. From all 50 states, from Europe, Australia, Asia, Canada. We’re creating a global, online community of writers who share the same interest–writing and publishing Contemporary Romance. There are no limitations to our discussions, information sharing, support and growth in our genre.
- To educate contemporary romantic fiction writers at all stages of their careers – offering valuable resources, craft, business, and industry advice, and timely industry news.
- To promote the Contemporary Romance genre and other forms of contemporary romantic fiction to the world via blog articles, interviews, and programming.
- To provide professional networking opportunities for all members–published or not.
- To provide social and moral support to those who choose to write contemporary romantic fiction.
What You Get From Membership:
- Exclusive web content with Contemporary Romance friendly industry news, editor and agent interviews and more.
- Shared lists of contemporary romantic fiction friendly publishers, agents and editors, and freelance editors and .
- International, up-to-date news about contemporary romantic fiction publishers and trends.
- Discounted and/or free online workshops hosted by Contemporary Romance Writers focusing on craft, business, marketing/promoting, self-publishing, and more.
- Attend our yearly party and annual general membership meeting at the Romance Writers of America national conference.
- Discount pricing for entries to the annual Stiletto Contest. The Stiletto Contest has the lowest entry fee for any chapter writing contest for its members.
- Access to our active private Facebook group and Contemporary Romance Writers MyRWA forums.
- Online chapter meetings. They’re just like your local chapter meetings but from the comfort of your sofa!
- Access to the Contemporary Romance Writers critique group.
- Editor and agent pitch sessions.
- Lists of industry professionals for self-published authors.
- Attend the Contemporary Romance Writers retreats starting in 2018.
- Enter our annual Novel Celebration contest at the end of each year for a chance to win either your Contemporary Romance Writers membership or Romance Writers of America membership paid for the next year.
- Weekly topics in our Facebook group.
- Contemporary Romance Writers monthly newsletter.
- Access to the “Members Only” section of the website to access past online meetings and workshops.
- One of the lowest RWA chapter membership fees.
- Chapter Volunteers get nominated for the Contemporary Romance Writers Annual Service Award, announced at the annual Stiletto Party at the Romance Writers of America national conference.
- and so much more!