About Contemporary Romance Writers
Why join Contemporary Romance? As writers of this massive romance sub-genre, we feel it’s important for us to have an official presence and voice in the industry. We want to provide a place where all contemporary romantic fiction writers: Contemporary Romance, Suspense, New Adult, Young Adult, Chick Lit, Romantic Comedy, Women’s Fiction, and more, can not only be heard, but understood. Supported. Encouraged. Educated.
We are dedicated to keeping up with industry trends and helping all of our writers navigate the path to publication whether traditional, self-published, or a hybrid of the two.
The Contemporary Romance Writers organization is a place where you can mingle with other authors who understand you, your voice, and this popular romance sub-genre.
You’ll be networking with people from every walk of life, all over the world. From all 50 states, from Europe, Australia, Asia, Canada. We’re creating a global, online community of writers who share the same interest–writing and publishing Contemporary Romance. There are no limitations to our discussions, information sharing, support and growth in our genre.
- To educate contemporary romantic fiction writers at all stages of their careers – offering valuable resources, craft, business, and industry advice, and timely industry news.
- To promote Contemporary Romance as a genre inclusive of authors – and characters – of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ages, body sizes, physical appearances, disabilities, neurodiversities, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, and other categories.
- To promote the Contemporary Romance genre and other forms of contemporary romantic fiction to the world via blog articles, interviews, and programming.
- To provide professional networking opportunities for all members – published or not.
- To provide social and moral support to those who choose to write contemporary romantic fiction.
What You Get From CRW Membership
- Exclusive Members-Only Web Content
- Contemporary Romance-friendly industry news, editor and agent interviews and more
- Shared lists of contemporary romantic fiction friendly publishers, agents and editors, and freelance editors.
- Lists of industry professionals for self-published authors.
- Access past online meetings and workshops.
- Discounted and/or free online workshops hosted by CRW focusing on craft, business, marketing/promoting, self-publishing, and more.
- Annual Stiletto Party and Annual General Membership meeting during our summer virtual conference.
- Volunteers get nominated for the Contemporary Romance Writers Annual Service Award, announced at the annual Stiletto Party.
- Annual Virtual Conference
- Discount pricing for entries to the annual Stiletto Contest for published and unpublished contemporary romance..
- Access to our active private Facebook group and Contemporary Romance Writers site forums.
- Weekly topics in our Facebook group.
- Online meetings.
- Access to the Contemporary Romance Writers critique group
- Bi-Annual CRW Mentor/Mentee Program
- Member-led writing sprints throughout the week.
- Celebration of member new releases.
- Annual editor and agent pitch sessions.
- Enter our annual Novel Celebration contest at the end of each year for a chance to win paid memberships for the next year.
- Monthly Newsletter
- One of the lowest writing organization membership fees.
Contemporary Romance Writers is committed to diversity, inclusion, and equality. We are inclusive of everyone regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, age, body size, physical appearance, disabilities, neurodiversity, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category. We do not tolerate harassment in any form, and we take violations of this policy seriously.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to, hateful, offensive, or biased speech (including jokes); denigration of others; disruption of events; intimidation; stalking; harassing recording or photography; inappropriate physical contact; and unwelcome sexual attention. If members are told they’re engaging in harassing behavior, they must stop immediately.
To participate in our organization, you agree to conduct yourself according to this policy, to treat everyone involved with respect and consideration, and to notify the board should you observe any harassing or uncomfortable behavior. Violators of our Anti-Harassment Policy will be appropriately acted against, including the possibility of formal warnings, or expulsion from the event or organization.