WHEN: May 1, 2022 – May 31, 2022 via GroupsIO
Huge, amorphous jobs drop the bottom of to-do lists. Often, you never get to them.
The good new for writers is those big jobs — chiefly idea development, drafting, and revision — are really collections of smaller, more doable tasks.
This course will break down writing into bite-sized pieces, with guidelines on how you can order them to match the way you write. No more setting aside time to “revise.” Instead, you’ll have specific steps (like analyzing story logic, tightening prose, and sweetening the humor) you can assign yourself to make every writing session productive.With over 50 different tasks listed, ordered, and defined, you’ll never sit down with a vague idea of what the day’s work is.
Through exercises, checklists, and approaches to integrate task-based planning into your writing, you’ll be able to create your own map to finishing a manuscript.
- Lesson 1 Introduction to the task approach
- Lesson 2 Breaking the work down
- Lesson 3 Pivotal composition tasks explained
- Lesson 4 Pivotal revision tasks explained
- Lesson 5 Development and education tasks – mastering skills
- Lesson 6 Customizing and putting it into your routine
- Lesson 7 Introduction to the task approach
- Lesson 8 Breaking the work down
- Lesson 9 Pivotal composition tasks explained
- Lesson 10 Pivotal revision tasks explained
- Lesson 11 Development and education tasks – mastering skills
- Roundup Customizing and putting it into your routine