WHEN: June 8, 2024 – 4 PM EST / 3 PM CST / 2 PM MST / 1 PM PST via Zoom
Many writers struggle to get words on the page. In this workshop, you’ll learn:
- How to take a flexible approach to writing that can help you seduce the muse and increase your word flow;
- How to use an activity log to gain clarity about which parts of your writing practice are, or are not, working for you; and
We’ll practice my unique three-phase approach to help your creativity soar:
- Creating a writing schedule that works for your life,
- Eliminating external distractions,
- Eliminating internal distractions. (Fun fact: this process involves chocolate chips! Make sure to have a cup of tiny treats nearby.)
This session will include journaling, group sharing, and brainstorming.
About the Instructor:
I write fiction, produce music and visual art, and offer creativity coaching and writing lessons from my home-base in Connecticut.
Over the last two decades, I’ve experimented with various healthy and sustainable ways to boost my creativity. I have developed the exercises presented in this workshop to help my clients and myself. In coaching sessions and workshops, I ask questions to help participants elicit the wisdom that’s already within them. That’s a skill that comes from compassionate listening, which I refined through teaching yoga, working as a journalist, and mothering.
After graduating from Yale with a BA in Film Studies / Screenwriting, I worked as a journalist for more than a decade, publishing 175+ articles and essays, before turning to fiction. Since 2018, I have published five books (Details below.)
In 2018, I created a bi-monthly event to provide local authors the opportunity to read their published and unpublished work and get feedback from the public. This was a successful local event for two years (until the pandemic).
Now, I am earning my MFA in Writing Popular Fiction from Seton Hill University with an anticipated graduation date of January 2024.